How to advertise
How to advertise in Sport South Devon (from £99)
*NOTE: This page relates to the print edition of the magazine which is currently on hold. For online advertising rates please contact us.
FIRST THINGS FIRST; WHY SHOULD YOU ADVERTISE IN SPORT SOUTH DEVON?
Sport is big business.
According to a recent study by Sport England, growth in the sports industry outstripped the economy as a whole, contributing over £20 billion. Contrary to what you might think, professional sport is responsible for less than half that total, with £11.8 billion coming from grassroots sport.
Current success by British individual sportspeople and teams in the Olympics, cycling and tennis has served to increase interest in sport, with local clubs, for example Torquay Tennis Club, reporting an uptake in attendance. There is also a major government focus on promoting healthy lifestyles as a response to the UK’s obesity epidemic with initiatives such as Change4Life working to increase the take-up of exercise in the population.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
There are many ways in which you can get your business name associated with sport. You can sponsor a sports event or take an advertisement out in the local newspaper, but we believe that Sport South Devon is one of the most economical ways of promoting your business. This is because we offer:
- Quality. Our magazine is deliberately produced in a glossy, B5 (coffee-table size) format. Much of the sports coverage we publish is supported by high-quality photography supplied by our experienced photographers Matt Green (Bay View Photography) and Al Macphee (MiraclePR). The eye-catching design work is done by industry experts Luketom.com, with the printing handled handled by high-spec regionally-located printer Kingfisher Print. This emphasis on quality above all else ensures that readers value the product and tend to retain it/pass it on – to be read by others. Other magazines may boast about huge circulation figures but many hang around for about as long as it takes to walk it to the recycle bin!
- Price. Our rates start from £99 for a quarter-page, and we believe our rates will compare favourably with sponsorship or exposure in a local paper, especially when you consider the exposure you get for your money (see below). We offer discounts for placement in multiple issues. We genuinely believe that Sport South Devon offers the most economical way of advertising during tough times.
- Exposure. Your advert will be in circulation, print and online, for a period of eight weeks (often more; we still come across issues from 12 months ago in some sports clubs). When weighing up your options, consider that a local newspaper may have six times the circulation but will probably be around for one-eighth of the time.
- Distribution. We have found that a dual distribution strategy works best for maximising our exposure. The bulk of our distribution historically occurs through supermarkets (Tesco, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s), which ensures a diverse readership that will benefit our larger advertisers in particular. The rest of our magazines are distributed through sports clubs (e.g. the big four rugby clubs; Buckland Athletic, Torquay Tennis Club, The Rec (Newton Abbot), Exeter University Sports Park, etc.; gyms (including Aztec, RIC, Brixham College); leisure centres (e.g. Torbay Leisure Centre; the Acorn Centre) and assorted sports shops and general stores. Surgeries, launderettes and barbers shops are other unexpected venues you might come across a copy or two. The Distribution tab gives a full breakdown of our distribution network.
- Social Media/Web Presence. We describe our magazine as a truly hybrid 21st Century product: It is hosted online with all advertisements containing live links, ensuring that visitors to our website have direct access to our advertiser’s websites. Our web features are perfectly set-up for social media interaction and work alongside our Facebook and Twitter pages. These are updated frequently and we are building a loyal following of social media users. We don’t use artificial means to swell our Facebook ‘likes'; each one is a genuine person who has clicked on the button because they want to stay connected. Once connected, however niche your sport, you can be assured that your social media blasts (which we offer you for free) will attract the attention of subscribed fans.
- Ethos. We believe strongly in supporting the regional economy by employing companies based in Devon for photography, design and printing. We offer affordable advertising to help local businesses increase their profile even during hard economic times. Then there are the little things; the free Facebook pushes when a local business launches a new venture, the coverage of a small event that the local media can’t/won’t cover, that sort of thing that goes above and beyond profits. Yes, we need to cover our costs but we are local people with a passion for local sport fighting against the current trend for poor quality, non-local based media where interest is largely dependent upon the depth of your pockets.
FIND OUT MORE
For further information contact us on 01803 690928 or by email on: info@SportSouthDevon.co.uk. Discounted rates are available for block bookings. If you don’t get a response within 24 hours, please email email@example.com as an alternative.
In addition to the live links embedded in the online copies of our magazine, we are also offering advertising space on our website. To discuss an online advert, please contact us on 01803 690928 or by email on: info@SportSouthDevon.co.uk. If you don’t get a response within 24 hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as an alternative.
If you require editorial space in addition to your advertisement, we will be happy to come up with a solution.
Sport South Devon actively encourages readers to be proactive by sending in their own news, results and photographs. We can’t guarantee they will appear in the print magazine, but we will do our best to at least include it on our website. The editor has the absolute right to adjust text for reasons of space, grammar or clarity.
Important note on copyright. By contributing photographs or other material to Sport South Devon, you represent that you have all the necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
Sport South Devon is published 4 times a year; for the very latest news on advertising deadlines, special offers and special position availability, email: Info@SportSouthDevon.co.uk. If you don’t get a response within 24 hours, please email email@example.com as an alternative.
Our in-house design studio will provide artwork to the highest standard absolutely FREE. A full colour proof is available on request. Supplied artwork is welcome and needs to be supplied in pdf or hi-res Jpeg format in accordance with the dimensions above.
Please note: Sport South Devon cannot accept responsibility for any product or service advertised. Acceptance of an advertisement does not imply any form of approval or recommendation. Advertisers are required to comply with the UK Code of Advertising Practice.